I thought it could be time to name these posts!
entinno is our network brand that underscores ent-repreneurship and inno-vation toward lowering online insecurity and breach consequence.
Non-exhaustively, in this entinno (we)b.log:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) includes news on its security requirements for providers of account information or payment initiation services for inclusion under Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2);
- the British select committee for cognitive computing, considering social and other implications, is now open for comment;
- CPNI and the Department of Transport has posted guidelines toward lowering insecurity for connected transport;
- UK digital initiative, Future Cities Digital Catapult, is building a number of opportunities to trial lorawan;
- the LaunchUK satellite initiative took in proposals from spaceports all over the UK, working with vehicle operators from the UK, other European nations and the US;
- the NCSC’s non-commercially available, though may be in future upon public sector findings, Active Cyber Defence programme’s Protective DNS service for the public sector is now live. The offering is operated on behalf of the NCSC by Nominet.
- Innovate UK’s innovation event, the biggest in the UK, is coming up; and,
- the UK is in the top 10 on the UN’s global innovation index
On that note, I had the great honour of talking at the UN Young Professionals QLD division including interlinking the UN Goals with lowering online insecurity and breach consequence; and, note this interactive concept by Chatham House for data sharing that, too, points to the UN sustainable goals. In more UN news, UN Youth Australia completed its Evatt competition in Qld on a number of topics including cyber security.
In US news,
- Amazon Cash has arrived in the UK as Amazon Topup;
- Reuters posted its fintech glossary: ; and,
- APWG is holding its cybersecurity awareness meeting at the UN in Vienna.
In the EU,
- Germany is debating self driving cars and ethics; and,
- the UK’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, Department for Exiting the European Union, and The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP have posted a document outlining the UK’s proposed model for data exchange with the EU.
In the Asia-Pacific Region,
- An Australian Federal Court has blocked numerous pirate sites
- The Federal Government has drafted a bill toward regulating digital currencies
- the Australian Digital Health Agency published its national health strategy; which includes information about the Digital Health Cyber Security Centre it has established: including its digital health cybersecurity centre; and, Telstra is launching cybersecurity centres internationally
- The Victorian Government has launched its Cybersecurity Strategy
- Woodside is involved in lithium-ion battery innovation for offshore oil and gas
- ACSGN is delivering a Defence Cyber Challenge with PMC and industry sponsors
- And, Japan launched of one of four satellites
It was great to open CloudSEC2017 and deliver a talk for Macquarie University with Optus. Looking forward to talking at Cyber in Business Melbourne 26th October. More on events can be found at: http://www.csns.co/about-us/events and https://cyberglossary.co/press-and-events/.
@DrSallyErnst, Moderator #CybersecurityNetworks
I email@example.com I https://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyernst
Photography by Mel Messina