It has been some time with no Periodic Wraps!
NCSC has newly posted or underscored 8 bits of guidance I thought you too may be interested in, including not exhaustively:
- Active Cyber Defence – four programmes for the public sector
- VPN guidance
- Infographic on lowering the impact of common breaches
- Exec 10-step summary guide
- Infographic on industry buzzwords
- Guidance on what and what not to do on penetration testing
- Newly updated published list of Master’s degrees accredited by NCSC
- CISP back open for new applications
It may also be worth reviewing www.nomoreransome.org which lists the NCA and AFP among its supporters.
Of further note, is that drones are to be registered and users are to undertake safety awareness tests under new rules in the UK.
In the Asia-Pacific region, also not exhaustively, some reports of note have been released:
- Australian Payments Network (formerly APCA), the self regulatory body for Australia’s payments industry, has released its 2017 Australian Payments Fraud report,
- Self driving cars with NRMA has estimated self driving cars to be on the market in Australia by 2025 in its future of car ownership report.
I’m very much looking forward to speaking on Securing Innovation: Delivering the Basics ecosystem-wide at Cloudsec Sydney conference next week. We have continued to be involved in a number of initiatives, which may be found here: http://www.csns.co/about-us/events and https://cyberglossary.co/press-and-events/.
@DrSallyErnst, Moderator #CyberSecurityNetworks
I firstname.lastname@example.org I https://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyernst
Photography by Mel Messina